In the spirit of our corporate social responsibility and in line with our mission to make a difference to the world and all who occupy it, Clarity has this year again met its pledge to donate a minimum of 1% of its profits on a quarterly basis to charitable causes and awareness campaigns. Since 2018, we are proud to have now donated in excess of £335,000 to more than 75 charities supporting initiatives local to us in Brighton as well as national and international projects.
Clarity Cares in 2023, Our Year in Review
As the 2023 compliance year has now drawn to a close, we reflect on our charitable endeavours, and it is with pride that we share the outcomes of our charity spending and activities of the past year.
Donation Breakdown by Charity Categories:
Our commitment to diverse causes is evident in the breakdown of our donations across various charity categories. The distribution of funds showcases our dedication to addressing a wide range of societal needs:
- Environmental (32%): Protecting nature and making the environment around us a better place to live is a top priority, with a significant portion of our donations contributing to environmental initiatives aimed at sustainability, conservation, and ecological awareness.
- Welfare (29%): Supporting community welfare programs remains a top priority of our charitable efforts, with a focus on enhancing the quality of life for individuals and families in need.
- Disability (24%): Recognising the importance of inclusivity, our contributions to disability-related causes aim to create a more accessible and supportive environment for those with diverse abilities.
- Health (9%): Our commitment to health-related initiatives underscores the significance of well-being in building strong and resilient communities.
- Wildlife (5%): Acknowledging the delicate balance of ecosystems, our contributions to wildlife causes emphasise the importance of protecting and preserving our planet’s biodiversity.
In addition to financial support, our company and team members have again this year actively engaged with the local community through volunteering.
Notably in October, our team braved the elements and dedicated a day to support the South Downs National Park Trust, as a Protector business of the Park this allowed us to have a direct impact on the local environment on most of our teams’ doorsteps, contributing to local conservation and preservation efforts.
In March, our commitment to supporting The Adur Special Needs Project took a hands-on turn as five members of our team completed the STAR trail. Clarity was delighted to, once again, serve as a headline sponsor for this initiative, championing the well-being and inclusivity work done by the Adur Special Needs Project.
Donations to Charitable Organisations
In addition to the existing partnerships we have in place, our Clarity Cares impact extends to numerous other charities, each playing a vital role in addressing specific societal challenges and supporting timely issues close to the heart of our business and our employees.
- Mind: Supporting mental health, Mind empowers individuals to overcome mental health challenges and promotes well-being and resilience in our communities.
- Sussex Green Living: A champion of environmental sustainability, Sussex Green Living promotes eco-friendly practices, contributing to a greener, more sustainable future.
- Women’s Aid: Dedicated to assisting survivors of domestic violence, Women’s Aid provides crucial support, refuge, and resources to those in need.
- Mankind: Focused on improving the well-being of men who have been sexually abused, assaulted or raped.
- Clock Tower Sanctuary: A beacon of hope for homeless youth, Clock Tower Sanctuary provides essential resources, support, and a safe space to help young individuals rebuild their lives.
- Adur Special Needs Project: Committed to inclusivity and support for individuals with special needs, this local project provides tailored resources and assistance, creating a more inclusive society.
- BRCAChat: Aiming to raise awareness and support individuals affected by BRCA gene mutations, BRCAChat contributes to the dialogue on hereditary cancer risks, offering a supportive community and vital resources.
“I am very proud of the impact we’ve made in the past year. Our commitment to charitable causes through Clarity Cares goes beyond financial support, encompassing strategic partnerships, volunteering, and targeted donations. Each contribution reflects our dedication to making a meaningful difference to the environment and to the lives of individuals and communities.
We believe that by addressing societal challenges, supporting causes close to our hearts, and bringing businesses together in the protection of the planet, we are not just contributing to a better today but building a foundation for a more compassionate and sustainable future.”
As we reflect on our charitable initiatives from the past year, we are grateful for each and every one of the businesses we work with which help us in our mission to make a difference. We would like to thank all our customers and suppliers for supporting our work to improve lives, protect nature and make the environment around us a better place to live. Our commitment to social responsibility remains unwavering, and we look forward to continuing our efforts to build a better, more compassionate future for all.